Friday, 1 January 2016

1413 : Still Life With Constable And Car


I may have featured this photograph before on one of my Blogs, but I make no apologies for featuring it again, especially in its restored state. Although it looks carefully posed (Still Life With Constable And Car) it was not, it was simply a scene I came across on a walk forty-five or fifty years ago. I seem to recall it was somewhere on the hills behind Southowram near Halifax. Looking back at the image with the benefit of hindsight, I can't decide whether I would have been better spending my time rescuing some of the paintings or taking a few more pictures of what was a remarkable scene.

4 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

I'd have rescued the car - but probably not back then.

Martin McShane said...

You rescued the moment. Fabulous picture!

L. D. said...

Just saying, I think it was a mistake to leave the painting with the cows in it. Probably not such a famous artist, but it reminds me of some similar to that. I hope you are doing better.

diane b said...

Its fun trawling through old photos