Wednesday, 23 October 2013

1126 : No Hockney, But Pleasing


Some years ago, the artist David Hockney abandoned Los Angeles and moved his main studio to the East Yorkshire seaside town of Bridlington. His wonderful East Yorkshire paintings seem to capture the landscape and scenery of the Yorkshire Wolds so well. I am no Hockney, but, over the years, I have also found Bridlington a powerful muse. This is a picture I took back in the 1970s : recently rediscovered and scanned. No Hockney - but pleasing.

1 comment:

ChrisJ said...

Alan, I do believe you posted this before but perhaps it was on another blog. But it's worth posting again just for the memories for me. Took my kids back there in the late 70's . Took the ferry rowboat from the south pier to the north pier and then went to Notriani's for a '99'. Not a ritzy resort and worse now I think, but full of happy teenage memories for me. My memories of Brid and Flamborough are a great blessing!