Sunday, 5 August 2012

1072 : Crookesmoor, Sheffield


This is the first of what will be a series of scans of large format negatives I took back in the 1970s and 1980s. I have been wanting to digitise these old negatives for ages but my existing scanner could not handle the format. My new scanner opens a door to these old 6x6 negatives and I will share them with you as I work my way through the negative file. This shot shows the junction of Crookes Valley Road and Crookesmoor Road in Sheffield.

1 comment:

Lisa B said...

Wonderful shot, love the perspective and the scene. Is the corner shop still there? I do hope so.
May I ask which scanner you have for negatives? Any b&w negatives I have scanned have just been done on my regular scanner, and I haven't been able to scan colour negatives, but haven't known which is a good one to get. Thanks.