Tuesday, 10 July 2012

1060 : Fever


The thing I love about blogging is that it is a collaborative process. Yesterday I posted a scan of a picture I took thirty or forty years ago. I had managed to work out where the photograph had been taken from but I had missed the most interesting feature of the image which was the institutional building in the middle distance. I would therefore like to thank Lisa B for bringing my attention to it and asking me about it. I have to say that I am not 100% sure what the building was, but I think it might have been the old Halifax Borough Fever Hospital. The cemetery next to it is Stoney Royd Cemetery and that is still in existence but I suspect the hospital building is long gone. As soon as its stops raining I will set out in search of an answer.

6 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Everybodies got the fever
That is somethin you all know
Fever is'nt such a new thing
Fever start long ago

Chairman Bill said...

Or, it could be the great, grey, green, greasy banks of the Limpopo river, all set about with fever trees....

Alan Burnett said...

Have you got a temperature by any chance?

Chairman Bill said...

Just a little pyrexia...

Chairman Bill said...

Diesel Turbo, naturally...

Lisa B said...

Interesting, I do hope the rains stops soon so that you can go and have a look. Kind of ominous that the cemetery is so close, but then maybe that is why.