Sunday, 29 April 2012

1044 : Heading For May


Another picture of Sheffield back in the 1980s - from the same negative strip as yesterday. I should leave these snow scenes behind as we are now heading for May. And for followers of my News From Nowhere Blog, this shot is "heading for May" in another sense, as one of those rows of lights in the distance will be Burngreave Road where May Chambers lived. I will drive down there in a couple of hours time and see if No. 99 still exists. Hopefully the snow will be long gone.

2 comments:

Roy said...

That's a great shot, Alan! Very moody, with a sort of lonesome feel to it.

Lisa B said...

Wonderful shot, and I hope you were able to negotiate that downhill path quite safely. I'm looking forward to reading how you get on finding May after all these years. :)