Friday, 6 May 2011

Around The World In 20 Memories - 20 : Home


You can go where you want, but few locations surpass the place you call home. I was neither born in Halifax (I was born in Bradford, seven miles to the north), nor do I now live in Halifax (I live in Huddersfield, seven miles to the south), but Halifax is where I grew up and will therefore always be home to me. The photograph show the tower of Halifax Town Hall. If you click to enlarge you can just about make out the words above the clock face and they are words worthy of the end of this mini-series : "DELAY NOT TO DO WELL"

12 comments:

tony said...

Yes,Alan,It's A Fine Building.One Of The Town's Many Gems.

Chairman Bill said...

That could apply to me today.

Roy said...

The best part of a long trip is coming home. According to author Ursula K. LeGuin: "...true voyage is return."

Valerie said...

Thank you, you must know how much I love decent architecture. Yes, they do say there's no place like home.

Michael and Hanne said...

Underneath the clock it says "Man Proposeth"
I propose a toast to Alan for the excellent mini-series just completed. I think we can all drink to that- after all it is twenty past three! Cheers!

L. D. Burgus said...

That is so wonderful to view. What a project it was to create such a beautiful tower.

Rosie said...

I live a pretty sheltered life, just flown twice! Thanks Alan, for taking me around the world in twenty memories!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Quite an impressive looking building, Alan. Maybe a photo of the entire building in a future post.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Honest Abe said...

I don't know if I commented about your getting the new camera. I am sure this photo could have been taken with it.

They have a couple of newer ones than my last one (as EOS SXi) and now I just read about the T3 and T3100.

I can't keep up with electronics anymore.

*Honest Abe said...

I forgot...

We have a saying here,

"All roads lead home."

KleinsteMotte said...

So true. Each time we return there's a sense of relief and comfort.