Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Around The World In 20 Memories - 9 : Vaguely In Basle


This one was a bit of a struggle. It is a city alongside a major river, a city in Europe. It could be Cologne, it could be Basle : I visited both during the early 1980s. It took a modest Googling of hotel names to pinpoint the Swiss city of Basle. Our next door neighnours in Sheffield had moved to Basle and we went to stay with them. Once I have pinpointed the city the flood gates open and the memories come flooding back.

6 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that with all this travel you're actually Henry Kissenger in mufti.

Chairman Bill said...

Kissinger!

Chairman Bill said...

PS - that was a typo correction, not a coded instruction for you to kiss a ginger person.

Roy said...

Nice shot, Alan! I've always loved those steps-down-to-the-water waterfront parks.

Michael and Hanne said...

Now that is a happy scene! Makes me feel I'm on holiday!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Now I could sit at that Cafe and watch the waterfront all afternoon:)