Thursday, 7 April 2011

Around The World In 20 Memories - 4 : Ice Bar, Sweden


Sweden has a famous Ice Hotel, and for the May 2001 EU Summit meeting the Swedish Government got them to establish an Ice Bar in the grounds of Stockholm Town Hall for the formal reception for the world media. Everything was made of ice : the bar, the fittings, the glasses, the tables (although I did find a convenient block of granite to rest my glass on). Although it was May, little melted other than the hearts of the grateful, and rather inebriated, journalists.

5 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

I guess one has to be careful that your lips don't freeze to the glass.

Valerie said...

Well, that's certainly different. I wonder if it felt as cold as it sounds.

Michael and Hanne said...

Looks like strawberry juice...

Vicki Lane said...

I'm enjoying the tour -- so far, I'll take Barbados.

TICKLEBEAR said...

there's also one in Quebec City, during winter, of course. it doesn't last 'till May here though...
:)~
HUGZ