Friday, 29 April 2011

Around The World In 20 Memories - 13 : Doing Nothing In Budapest


In 2005 I eventually decided to close my European Social Policy business down. The growth of the Web had fundamentally changed the way information was available, and the need for the kind of service I had provided was no longer necessary. To celebrate my new found freedom I took a few days off in Budapest, reading novels, writing about anything but European politics, and taking photographs of the fabulous buildings.

8 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Lovely photo - it captures Mitteleuropa perfectly.

Valerie said...

Beautiful photograph. The old style architecture far outweighs modern styles.

Roy said...

That's a great shot, Alan!

Brett Payne said...

Your photograph captures the complexities and charm of Budapest very nicely. I was there in 1987, on the cusp of change, and it was an exciting place to visit then, even on a shoestring.

Michael and Hanne said...

Very clever to get at least three churches in one viewfinder! well done!

Mmm said...

sounds like a fscinating service you offered in the day though. Yes, what a good break adn what a marvelous place to take photos like these. Love it.

jennyfreckles said...

That's a lovely view of the city - entices me to visit.

L. D. Burgus said...

What a wonderful set of buildings. The color differences are grand.