Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Around The World In 20 Memories - 10 : Poster In Amsterdam


Posters roughly pasted onto lamp-posts often provide perfect conduits to time and place. Even if the details of the exhibition were not on this most striking of posters, I would remember where it was taken : indeed I am sure I could take you back to the same lamp-post. I spent a couple of days in Amsterdam, and whilst I didn't get to the Theatreschool Festival, I spent long and happy hours in the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmuseum.

6 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Very surreal.

Valerie said...

Silly me, I scrolled along to read the rest of the notice on the right. Don't worry, it will pass! It's a good idea to take pictures like that, Alan, to pinpoint the time and place. Must remember that since I invariably forget where my pictures were taken.

Roy said...

Ah! Man Ray lives!

Vicki Lane said...

Hanging on my wall, I have a necklace of African trade beads I bought at an Amsterdam flea market forty-something years ago. Mementos are wonderful memory aids.

jennyfreckles said...

Weird image - looks like a diver. One day (when I have time) I must do as you do and look out some old photos to scan. I have too many memories sitting there hidden.

Mmm said...

LOL. I was jsut thinking, how did Alan do that?

Wishing you a very HAppy Easter...even though you are no doubt in bed now!