Monday, 28 March 2011

Sad Says Caroline Ann


I am still scanning away, working my way through a huge collection of old negatives and slides. What drives me is not the belief that the photographs are of any significant quality as photographs, but that - somewhere within them - a little piece of history has been captured. This photograph must have been taken in the 1960s and I have a feeling that it was taken somewhere in Scotland. I did a search for the trawler "Caroline Ann" and this resulted in this rather sad picture of two rusted old trawlers in some kind of maritime graveyard. I can't make names out, nor could I find any supporting description, but the one in the front does seem to have the same basic shape and size. In some ways it is sad : but who knows? Perhaps those two rusted hulks are chatting away to each other and looking at pictures of me back then and now. "Sad", says Carline Ann, "the way humans deteriorate".

7 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Caroline Ann says: "Ports just aren't like they were in the good old days. Country's going to the dog fish."

Valerie said...

Love your sense of humour, Alan, and I like the pictures too. I feel a tale coming on....

Vicki Lane said...

These are wonderful -- I'm glad you're rescuing your old photos.

jennyfreckles said...

Yikes, I'd choose Caroline Ann over any of the others if I had to go to sea....(no, please, no..!)

L. D. Burgus said...

It is a great first photo and the second one sees sad as they decay in the water.

Margaret said...

Ha! Very funny commentary. Both actually, are intereting photos. Just fascinating... keep scanning and reproducing thoe negatives and old photos!

Irish and ashamed said...

Caroline Ann ... Killybegs Co Donegal Ireland .. Owned By a man by the name of George Mc Callaig ..