Monday, 21 March 2011

Forget Me Not


I always tend to take photographs of half constructed buildings in the belief that I am adding a fairly unique image to the global archives. Once the new West Yorkshire Forget Me Not Trust Children's Hospice, which is being built a few hundred yards from where we live, is completed later this year, it will no doubt be photographed time and time again. But this picture of the build - twelve weeks in - is worth a few thousand pixels of anyones' hard disk space.

6 comments:

Rosie said...

That is so true. I also like to take pictures of a building being dismantled. I did the same for the old hospital being torn down and the new courthouse being built to replace it.

Chairman Bill said...

I see your point, but I can't help thinking that most modern buildings will not be a feature of the landcape in 60 years, let alone 100.

Nice mobile phone mast! That will be a classic in years to come.

Valerie said...

I may be odd but I find demolition pictures more interesting... don't laugh too loudly.

Michael and Hanne said...

Thirty years ago I did a sketch of our new pyramidal library. It is still standing, like a pyramid from egypt, only made of steel and glass. Thanks for reminding us. Excellent photo. Glad you have sunshine!

jennyfreckles said...

Hope you'll show us the finished building one day.

L. D. Burgus said...

I like to see the bones of a structure. It will be an interesting building.