Monday, 14 February 2011

Shopping Week : Last Exit To Peel Street


To celebrate the Good Lady Wife having the week off work and endless shopping trips having been planned, I have declared this as being "Shopping Week" on Picture Post. We start with shopping from the archives : a market picture I must have taken thirty or forty years ago. I am not quite sure which market it is. The only clue is the Peel Street sign and I have checked out all the possible contenders on Google Maps without any definite hits. Barnsley Market would fit the bill - there is an adjacent Peel Street - but I can't remember ever having been there. Who knows, maybe it is one of the treats I have in store for me this week.

8 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

Wellies in a shopping precinct? Such elan!

Rosie said...

Have a good "shopping week"! But don't forget to post pictures...

Valerie said...

There's a lot of interest at the stall nearest the camera. As a people watcher I enjoyed this picture.

Chairman Bill said...

Alan - interestingly, Google maintains this page is written in Filipino and offered to translate it for me...

Roy said...

Great shot, Alan! I love "street" scenes in b&w.

L. D. Burgus said...

It is a great shot. Shopping and more shopping. You will be tired sooner or later. I like your comment about amending my blog. I think I am old enough that I find myself amending my every day.

Mmm said...

Maybe indeed. funny thing is this photo doesn't look that outdated. I thought it was from this week. :)

jennyfreckles said...

It certainly doesn't look like 40 ish years ago! Maybe markets just stay the same.