Monday, 20 December 2010

Things Change


This is a photograph I took in Hull back in the 1970s. There has been considerable redevelopment since and few of the buildings - or indeed boats - you see here will look the same now. If the snow ever goes I must take a trip over to Hull to see if I can take a photograph from the same spot, but until I come back with the evidence you will have to believe me when I say that things change. And you might want to keep that in mind when you watch the design of this blog over the coming days.

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Naturally I can't speak for Hull but I have definitely noticed a change in your blog template. I like it. It would be interesting to see an 'after' shot of Hull to compare the two.

You've heard of the frozen north? This is sent from the frozen Midlands -12 C at the last count. Even the brave are staying indoors.

geraldgee said...

I used to buy antiques and memorabilia in Hull during the early sixties.I remember it as a city of statues, ballet like directions from the traffic policemen,its docks and its own cheap and efficient telephone system.
Guess it's just like any other city these day.
More early photos please Alan.

geraldgee said...

I still mourn the passing of the old "Picture Post"

John said...

Like the b&w. Re. Your new format, aren't 'Red Top' publications at the 'racy' end of the tabloids; something to live up to.

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope the ships or barges whatever they may be are a little further apart nowadays:)

The Retired One said...

I am enjoying these old black and whites...they give a real nostalgia to those old boat riggings...!

L. D. Burgus said...

It will be interesting to see he changes. You are having winter at about the same pace as we are. We have a big snow coming Friday night.