Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Still Killybegs After All These Years


Another delight about random scanning old negatives is rediscovering places you have obviously been to (you took the photographs after all) but have forgotten all about. I must have taken this photograph sometime in the mid 1960s. The port of registration is the first clue, but if you carefully look at the old fish boxes they also suggest Killybegs (which is in Donegal, Ireland) was the location. According to Dame Wiki, Killybegs is still an important harbour which sometimes plays host to cruise ships. Perhaps I will revisit the town after all these years.

5 comments:

Chairman Bill said...

That radar would have been a very expensive item for a fishing boat in the 60s. Wish I could identify the manufacturer and model.

Beth Niquette said...

How cool is that? I love places like this, and this is a delightful photo.

Birdman said...

Love to scan old shots, before my time or not.

jennyfreckles said...

It looks worth a second visit. I wonder how it has changed? I bet the seagulls still perch on the ships' masts - assuming there are still ships.

The Retired One said...

Wonderful shot!