Wednesday, 15 December 2010

And Is There Honey Still For Tea?


When we were in Cambridge a couple of weekends ago, we set off on Sunday morning to walk alongside the River Cam from Cambridge to Grantchester. For a time, Grantchester was the home of the poet Rupert Brooke and the subject of his poem about homesickness, "The Old Vicarage, Grantchester". The bright clear November sky burnt almost all the colour from the scene but emphasised the shapes of the leaf-less trees. And was there honey still for tea? I don't know, we went for lunch and to the Green Man pub. There was, however, a very decent ale.

6 comments:

Valerie said...

I've got honey for tea today along with a few other things.
Superb picture, the reflections are so clear. In fact, bottom right there seems to be more colour than the original.

Sunny said...

I LOVE this picture! The reflections of the bare trees and clouds are outstanding.
☼ Sunny

John said...

Honey or ale; ale or honey? Think the ale wins.

jennyfreckles said...

Although I've been to Cambridge a few times I never did this walk. Grantchester just reminds me of Jeffrey Archer!

Betsy said...

I guess honey IN your ale wouldn't be so great! ha.

The Retired One said...

Gorgeous!