Tuesday, 9 November 2010

Holiday Snaps 1 : Puerto de la Cruz


I still belong to the generation which would return from holiday with an envelope of "Holiday Snaps". Before the days of digital photo albums and mobile phone picture messages, these would be the main means by which you could bore your friends and family and provide yourself with a modicum of recompense for having to return to a cold and cheerless home. So stand back, switch off, and get ready for my 2010 Holiday Snaps. Today we are looking down on Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife.

7 comments:

John said...

I see we have both been on holiday. For this Namibia trip I left film at home and went 100% digital. Lazy I guess.

Alan Burnett said...

Ah John, Do I detect a change of Blog Name coming on?

Valerie said...

I'm glad to see you back again complete with a promise of showing more holiday snaps. That's a super view of Peurto de la Cruz.

Alan Burnett said...

Thanks Val : It's good to be back (I can't believe I just wrote that!)

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hi Alan..lovely photo! I like scenery photos but I wounder what the value is in them for future generations..other than say perhaps some who writes a blog in 100 years and compares your photos!:)
I had to look up Tenerife..Spain I figured out from your tag, the Canaries I learned and also the North Atlantic for location. I remember some plane crash there years ago. Since I am not a world traveller I enjoy seeing these places through your lens..thank you:)

The Retired One said...

WowZA, what a gorgeous place. I want to be on top of that mountain in the background, with my camera of course. LOL

Sunny said...

Welcome back!
What a fantastic view. Not having had a vacation in ages, I look forward to seeing your pics.
☼ Sunny