Monday, 2 August 2010

The Taker Took


Like most photographers, I am not too keen on having my photograph taken. Last Thursday was therefore a particularly trying day as I was followed around by a photographer from the Yorkshire Post who were doing a feature on the West Yorkshire in Ten Squares series which is on my News From Nowhere Blog. I did manage to get this shot of the photographer photographing me photographing him photographing me .... etc.


To see the Yorkshire Post article follow THIS LINK

9 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

THAT'S why I'm not a pro - look at all that gear to lug around! It's terrific that you have featured in the YP - a good advert, both for Yorkshire and blogging. Thanks for your Yorkshire Day good wishes too. In truth, I was late realising the date's significance, otherwise I might have striven for a more apt subject for the day's post.

WV: eunted... the feeling you get being followed round by a photographer all day?

L. D. Burgus said...

Good for you. Your blog is going to be appreciated by many more now while you continue that journey.

TICKLEBEAR said...

THAT is the price of notoriety. enjoy your "15 minutes"!!
:)~
HUGZ

Edwin Osborn said...

But (being a pedant) what I want to know is how come the newspaper came across/heard of your blog?! Do they just trawl blogs for potential interest, search keywords or what? Fascinating.... do they keep a "blogwatch?"

Valerie said...

This shot is terrific, Alan. I took a similar one a few years back but there was no history behind it. Good for you.

willow said...

What a wonderful article! Congratulations, Alan! This is exciting stuff!

The Retired One said...

A star is born! Will you be selling autographs now on your blog. (smiles)

Vicki Lane said...

How fun! But like you, I'd rather be behind the camera than in front of it.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Great article Alan..you have a great mission with this project..well worth a few photos to promote it! :)