Monday, 19 April 2010

Roof Shapes


For a variety of reasons I don't seem to have taken any photographs during the last few days. However I was scanning a few old negatives earlier today and came across a perfect example of a disaster rescued. The original black and white negative (which I must have taken thirty years ago) was badly exposed and, as far as I can remember, I never even bothered printing it. But now scanned and sharpened up with Photoshop, it provides an attractive study of shape and composition.

5 comments:

L. D. Burgus said...

It is a marvelous photo. It really shows such character of the roof lines in your country. Mary Poppins movie is as close as I have ever seen such great chimneys.

The Retired One said...

I like it!
Don't you love finding out that a "mistake" really isn't a mistake???

John said...

Great high contrast shot and nice to see some 'film' getting out there to gove digital a challenge. Go hunt some more.

tony said...

The Shape Of Northern England!

jennyfreckles said...

I like it too. You instantly know not just what it is but where it is too (ie: northern England) and it's a kind of gritty picture with atmosphere.