Saturday, 3 April 2010

Into The Light


If you climb up the steep hillside behind the French town of Ribeauvillé, you pass through first vineyards and then forests, and eventually you reach the ruined and quite magnificent Château de Saint-Ulrich. You continue to climb through the dark and brooding ruins and eventually you go up some old stone stairs and out into  daylight once again. And you then have one of the finest views in Alsace, a view well worth all the climbing and scurrying. This picture was taken a couple of months ago when the weather was still cuttingly cold. But it was well worth it and that view is going to stay with me a long time.

3 comments:

willow said...

Beautiful. And so apropos for Easter, too.

I love your new look, Alan. Is it just my old PC, or do you find the new Blogger template takes longer to load?

Alan Burnett said...

Thanks Willow. Not sure about the new templates and the speed of loading. Seems OK on my machine but I will wait for further feedback before deciding one way or the other.

L. D. Burgus said...

It reminds me of old movies where someone is being chased further up the stairs and they either face the villain or they have to jump. It is a great shot. I like all the different values of shapes.