Saturday, 27 March 2010

Sisters : Antigua


I know that many people think that modern cruise ships are large, impersonal, and ugly, but I think that they are rather beautiful. When we stopped at St John's in Antigua, our ship - the Oceana on the left - was moored next to her sister ship, the Oriana. It is nice to think of the two sisters catching up on old times. Whilst such thoughts may be fanciful, it was certainly true of the legions of waiters and stewards who crowded the decks and shouted messages to old friends on the ship across the way.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I want to thank you for stopping by. I've never taken a cruise, looks and sounds like they would be fun. But then I get motion sickness very easy. I wonder if I would on a ship that large? Have a wonderful week-end.

The Retired One said...

Great shot Alan! I loved the cruise when we went on it! You are right..if only those ships could talk!

jennyfreckles said...

They look very sleek on this photo - like those luxury yachts you see in Monaco and such places. The people on the jetty show the scale of them.

L. D. Burgus said...

It almost looks like it was originally one boat and they cut it down the middle. They are an elegant form in the water.