Monday, 1 March 2010

100301 : Concrete, Steel And Guts

I am making every effort to get a move on. So I have moved on to the Panama Canal. I must have taken hundreds of shots throughout the day of the transit, but I will be mercifully selective in my choice. This picture seems to sum up the whole Panama Canal experience : it is very much a man-made environment, a triumph of concrete, steel and guts over raw nature. Here one of the locomotives is seen gently guiding our ship into the locks, with inches to spare at either side.

5 comments:

Abe Lincoln said...

You have many memories to categorize and sort through. I wonder what the outcome will be? How many pictures will you end up with?

I have a friend from Panama who I have known for a long time. He is a blogger like us. His stories are interesting but never mentions the canal. I don't know why.

Sunny said...

I have really been enjoying all the posts of your travels.
Sunny :)

The Retired One said...

wow..looks like quite the drop off on each side.
And don't discipline yourself, we want to see ALL your vacation photos!!

Rita said...

Alan, I have been popping in to vicariously relive your travels. Can't get enough of them. Sorry I have not been leaving any comments.

MY schedule lately has been so overloaded that by the time I get time to check out my friends I am falling asleep at the PC and my comments become mindless dribble.

Have a slow day for a change and trying to catch up.

I have missed your stopping by but I have had little to share lately worth visiting as well.

Hope all is well in your world. Wishing you a great week.

Sammy Thorley said...

Wow these are great photos.
I like photography visit my blog at
http://sammythorleyphotography.blogspot.com/