Friday, 26 February 2010

100226 : Watching The World Go By


I have no idea who these two people are. But they were there, just at the right time. And they were far too occupied with watching the world go by to bother whether I was infringing on their privacy by taking a photograph of them. The cruise companies all seem to have pictures of slim young things on the brochures advertising their holidays - but somehow this sums up what cruise holidays are all about. Relaxing and watching the world slowly drift by.

6 comments:

John said...

Never been tempted by large cruise boats, but I can appreciate the sentiment in the photo.

C.M. Jackson said...

I like your view of the world!

The Retired One said...

I loved this shot...and I am so glad you did show "real" women and not the models they usually show.

L. D. Burgus said...

It is a great view. When we were in main and I had beautiful views of the ocean waves coming in, a teenage girl kept herself in the main area of where I wanted to shoot. Then once she got up and she went closer and sat down into the scene again. Her orange parka looked great in the panoramic view.
You cruise must have been great and relaxing.

Tom said...

sure, us old decrepit folks should get to have as much fun as skinny young things. I prefer to lounge on solid ground, however.

jennyfreckles said...

That looks tempting. It's always somehow fun to watch things move past whilst staying still yourself - boats, trains, cars, whatever.