Saturday, 13 February 2010

100213 : The Somnolent Salesman

Still in Acapulco. There is a wonderful story about this image. Walking along I say this chap fast asleep at his flavoured water cart. I took the photo. I then watched as the policeman you can see approaching in the centre of the photo came up to the poor chap and started shaking him violently. He must have thought that the young man's somnolent pose was some kind of insult to the city. I am glad to say that when we walked past him again ten minutes later he was fast asleep again.

3 comments:

jennyfreckles said...

Gee, I know how he feels.. My work makes me feel just like that - though it would be my team leader shaking me awake, not a policeman!

John said...

Life has a different pace in some parts of the world; thank goodness.

L. D. Burgus said...

Image is everything. I suppose anyone who wanted to buy his s have to wake him for assistance. I can tell you had a great time out there with adventure everywhere you go.