Wednesday, 25 November 2009

091125 Hotel Oriente and the Image Diary




Looking out of the window to see yet another morning of grey skies and dripping rain I decided to step back a few years and see what I was doing then. One of the most useful features of a digital photo collection is that it acts as a kind of visual diary. If you file your photographs by date taken, which I do, you can turn back to any particular day and instantly see where you were, and this often reminds you of what you were doing. So, five years ago this month I was - according to the image diary - staying in the Hotel Oriente in Barcelona. And the sun was shining. And it was warm. If I look back five years from now what will I see? Nothing, unless I venture out quickly and take my camera with me.

4 comments:

√ Abraham Lincoln said...

I hope your visual diary lasts a long time, Alan. I have that as well as a written journal. A kind of spiral bound notebook for each year and sometimes I can get 1.5 years in one book. I write all sorts of things down so the family uses it sometimes to see who was here or when the last time and what the weather was like as I keep a daily morning temperature and have for many years.

Pam said...

Nice photo.We could do with some grey dripping skies here Alan,but hear the skies have really opened up disastrously over there. Thanks for the recent pics of Bangor. Wales is one of my favourite places.

John said...

Barcelona; had a lovely 4 day break there one April a few years ago, nice city. Another north/south split; we have gorgeous blue skies in Berkshire at the moment.

jennyfreckles said...

Wish I was as organised as you! This is a lovely doorway. Another reason added to my list of reasons why I want to go to Barcelona.