Tuesday, 22 September 2009

090922 Burton Salmon

I have been stuck indoors for the last few days waiting for the Gas Man to come and mend our central heating. The only pictures I have been able to take are of the inside workings of gas boilers which are of little interest to me, never mind anyone else. So here is one I prepared earlier - as they used to say on TV cookery shows. It is the North Yorkshire village of Burton Salmon, taken in the Autumn, three years ago. The boiler is working again so hopefully some new photographs soon.

7 comments:

√ Abraham Lincoln said...

The stone mason looks like he knew what he was doing. The fence is a good subject to photograph. It stands perfectly still and the sun cast shadows gives the lens-man many different looks. I really like the stone walls I have seen on different blogs coming out of Europe. For one thing the top row is always different and something not done here in quite the same way.

Your visits are always appreciated. That is my hardest job. To post things so people who stop once, will want to come back.


Pick a Peck of Pixels

geraldgee said...

Surely the inside of a gas boiler would go down well with some of our more fashionable galleries?

James said...

If the boiler is really old I'd like to see it. The picture you posted is really beautiful both in scenery and composition.

I really like it!

Sunny said...

What a lovely tranquil spot. Love the stone wall.
Sunny :)

Valerie said...

What a pretty view. I'd give right arm to live near it.

jennyfreckles said...

Gorgeous photo - it looks a really peaceful place.

The Machinist's Wife said...

Hi Alan

I love the pic, and the name to boot! Is it anywhere near Middleham?