Tuesday, 15 September 2009

090915 Brandt Like

The lad and I went for a nostalgic walk around Halifax today in search of the exact location of a couple of classic photographs taken by the great photographer Bill Brandt (more about this in my News From Nowhere Blog tomorrow). On the way to the location we passed under the giant concrete pillars which supports the flyover that sweeps over the valley. I like to think that if Brandt was travelling through Halifax now he might have stopped and taken a photograph not dissimilar to this one.

4 comments:

Sunny said...

It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at. Guess I'm still half asleep!
Sunny :)

John said...

Simple, powerful lines; you could be right, he probably would have taken a shot.

Valerie said...

Goodness, look at the height of that. It's a brilliant shot, Alan.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Wow, spectacular shot !