Thursday, 27 August 2009

090827 Emley Moor

We were celebrating the birthday of one of my best friends last night and both families met for a meal at the Three Acres in Emley, West Yorkshire. This grand pub is a short distance from the Emley Moor television transmitter which is the tallest freestanding structure in the United Kingdom (and a Grade II listed building). The photograph was taken at dusk and some of the colours are beginning to look tired, but it gives you an idea of the scale of the mast.

5 comments:

John said...

Tasting notes?

Sunny said...

Holy Moly! that thing is tall! I wonder what the cows make of it, ha-ha!
Sunny :)

Alan Burnett said...

John : Tasting notes to follow, I promise.

huthwaitehall said...

So that's what you were doing stood behind the bins with both hands held at waist level - nice shot and clever how thew software makes you think there was some daylight.

Abraham Lincoln said...

The colors are splendid and add something to the clouds. I like them, Alan. I also like the photo.

Thanks for visiting my Pick a Peck of Pixels Blog and for your comment on the Baby Kitty post.